Interested in joining Devon Farms?
Here are some great reasons why you should!
Devon Farms is a Co-operative of working family farms providing B&B and Self Catering, caravans, camping & other alternative accommodation across Devon. Established in 1989 it is entirely run, managed and marketed by its members for its members.
Joining Devon Farms provides excellent value for money – here’s what is included in your membership:-
- Entry on our website www.devonfarms.co.uk which ranks highly in major search engines - with over 8,000 visits a month. A detailed description of your accommodation, including links to your website & email address, and a photo gallery of up to 10 photos.
- The website includes an easy to use online availability calendar, optional online booking system and facility to advertise short breaks and last minute special offers all at no extra cost.
- Members are able to securely login at anytime to update their accommodation details, photos, availability etc.
- Entry in the Devon Farms brochure, approximately 40000 printed annually. Widely distributed in Tourist Information Centres, visitor attractions, supermarkets, railway stations, motorway services, agricultural shows etc throughout the UK.
- Telephone Helpline for guests, to provide a more personal service.
- Free Devon Farms Plaque to promote your membership.
- Free Devon Farms logo to use on letterheads & other stationary.
- The opportunity to participate in a variety of courses (many of them subsidised) including customer care, marketing, quality awareness, website photography, cookery for B&B providers, landscape gardening.
- The opportunity to receive referrals from other Devon Farms Members.
- The friendship and support of fellow farming families - exchange of experiences, ideas and best practice.
- Promotion through Devon Farms targeted marketing campaigns (adverts in magazines, newspapers, shopping centres, mail shots etc).
- The opportunity to participate with journalist visits and other PR opportunities.
- The chance to influence tourism policy at county and regional level.
Who can participate?
To join Devon Farms you must offer holiday accommodation on a farm with a source of income from agriculture. The accommodation can be anything from campsites and caravans, and glamping and bunkhouses, to the more familiar Bed & Breakfast and self-catering cottages and apartments.
Formal Inspection and Grading, eg by Quality in Tourism or the AA, is no longer a mandatory requirement for joining Devon Farms. However, should you wish to have that extra qualification (as many of our members do) then your Grading will be included in your entry in the website and brochure.
When can I join?
The membership year runs from April - April but you can join Devon Farms at any time of the year (subject to meeting the joining criteria).
If you join partway through the year then, for immediate entry onto the Devon Farm's website and to take advantage of the referral scheme and the other benefits that Devon Farms has to offer, you are required to pay a pro rata membership fee for the remaining months left in the membership year. ie if you have one self catering cottage and join in November, your membership fee would be £300 ÷ 12 months x 5 remaining months = £125
The brochure is produced annually in November. In order to be included you are required to be a full member before the end of April in the same year.
How much is it to join?
Full Membership Fee for 2016/2017 for Bed & Breakfast, Self Catering, Caravan, Camping & Alternative Accommodation
First advert - up to six guests B&B or one self-catering cottage £300
OR one alternative accommodation £300 i.e. yurt, shepherds hut, log cabin, caravan, etc
OR If you have one cottage/alternative acc with three or less bed spaces or a B&B with four or less bed spaces - membership is £275
Extra Self-Catering unit/s £31 per unit
Extra six B&B guests £31 per six
Touring sites up to 49 pitches £205+ pitches £260
Bunk houses and Hostels £260
Listing for certified campsite or caravan site open 6 weeks or less(Only if you have another advert with us) £52
Other attraction advert ; Restaurant/Tea Room/ Farm shop/ Fishery/Horse riding/Livestock courses: £52 per advert
Second advert discount (N/A for campsite listing) £105
If you are interested in joining Devon Farms please complete the online enquiry form.
If you have any other questions, please contact our New Members Secretary, Martin Ryall:
Tel: 01598 763286